This lesson will take longer to complete so I am giving you TWO days to work on it. It will be due April 13th (right after spring break)
By the end of World War I, November 11, 1918, more than 17 million people were killed. Ironically, how World War I ended helped set the stage for part 2: World War 2, Which killed over 70 million people!
World War I, World War II: Nationalism and Alliances
This lesson is a brief overview of the themes that contributed to the World Wars.
First, Lets have a look at this political cartoon from just before World War I began:
This shows us how the main alliances grouped together during the start of World War I...
Answer the following in the text entry box, (complete sentences, please :).....
1. Look carefully at which countries are allied (joined) together. Give the 2 groups of alliances: (the dude saying: "if you make a move, I'll..." represents Austria-Hungary)
2. Explain how a conflict between just two of these nations could drag a large part of the world into war:
3. Give your own definition of 'Alliance:'
4. Define nationalism in your own words., Do you think it is different from Patriotism? Why or why not?
World War II: Some Major Countries Involved....
United States Germany
United Kingdom Italy
5. Chose a nation above from the left column and another from the right.....do quick research online, and use it to help you do the following:
A. For the first nation, explain how ALLIANCES influenced the nation's entry into World War II. AND.. summarize how that nation ended up at the end of the war.
B. For the second nation, explain how NATIONALISM began its involvement in World War II. And, summarize how that nation ended up at the end of the war.
Remember to use complete sentences! :) Stay safe!